Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Griffin Reserve Battery

When I was in high school playing football, and there was an athlete who looked like an all American but couldn’t really play ball, my coaches had a saying. “Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane”. Griffin reserve battery? You look like Tarzan, but you absolutely play like Jane.

The exterior is sleek. Its high gloss black and all the lines fit together. Even when it’s in the charging dock, it fits so it looks like one solid piece. It connects to either of its chargers via magnets, making it seem that much cooler. Needless to say, I was psyched when I had it all charged up (you can tell by pushing the button on the top, and seeing how many lights light up). I let my battery drain to 10%, plugged in the Griffin, and then let it sit. It charged for nearly exactly 1 hour, while sitting idle, before it ran out of power. When I checked to see how much battery I now had, I was shocked to find that I had slightly less than 25%.

The Griffin Reserve Battery is just what the name says, a reserve. As I discovered, it will not be filling up your battery any time soon. It’s enough to keep you going for about half and hour more than you would have, and that’s it.

That’s not to say it’s without its positives. It charges through a all outlet or in your car through the AC converter in your cigarette lighter. Ostensibly, you could head out on assignment using the reserve to keep your battery full, put the battery in the charger and go report, and then use the Reserve to keep you going on your way back. But honestly, for the money, I think there are better options out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment